PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow-3
Thread: Heathrow-3
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2022, 09:22
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipness One Foxtrot
I think you meant "served"? FLL and OAK were recently served from Gatport Airwick and ANC was the stop on the BA5/6 on the way to Tokyo ending only with the delivery of the B747-400 and Russian airspace being opened up. DTW was served with a Houston tag on til 2006 as IAH was a LGW direct due Bermuda 2.
I was referring to former as in unserved US destinations that British Airways previously flew to in the USA.

Over the last few years British Airways as you rightly know have resumed service to a couple of US destinations that they used to previously serve such as New Orleans and Pittsburgh. The remaining destinations that British Airways previously served in my previous post are still "unserved" by British Airways.

Regardless of the fact that FLL and OAK were both flown from LGW they are still unserved or should I say former US destinations previously served by British Airways.

​​​​​​I'm aware of the Houston tag and Bermuda II.

Detroit was one of BOAC's original USA destinations and the company started serving it in the 1950's with Britannia aircraft. Over the years and definitely towards the end DTW operated via several different cities including including Montreal, Washington and of course the tag on to Houston.

Although Anchorage was basically a fuel and cargo stop, the flight between LHR and ANC was fully bookable and was listed at the time as a British Airways destination. The company that I previously worked for used the route a lot to transfer crew to Anchorage from LHR.

The schedule for summer 1980 shows.

BA 5 DEP LHR 12.10 ARR ANC 11.05 DEP ANC 12.20 ARR NRT 14.50 747 Days 1357
BA 6 DEP NRT 21.30 ARR ANC 09.00 DEP ANC 10.35 ARR LHR 05.15 747 days 1246

​​​​​​BA 5 extended to ITM (Osaka) days 135
BA 6 originates from ITM (Osaka) days 246

BA 191 DEP LHR 11.30 ARR IAD 16.50 DEP IAD 17.50 ARR DTW 17.05 747 Days 1234567
BA 190 DEP DTW 19.00 ARR IAD 18.45 DEP IAD 21.00 ARR LHR 09.00 747 Days 1234567

​​​​​I can't find the schedules for LHR-DTW-IAH-DTW-LHR or LHR-YUL-DTW-YUL-LHR.

British Airways discontinued LHR-DTW-IAH-DTW-LHR on the 29/30 March 2008. Bermuda II officially ended at the start of the IATA summer season on Sunday 30 March 2008. With the end of Bermuda II British Airways as you rightly know transferred their remaining US flights from LGW to ATL, DFW, IAH to LHR.

​​​​​​For Summer 2023 British Airways will fly to the following destination's in the USA.

​​​​ATL Atlanta
AUS Austin
BWI Baltimore
BOS Boston
ORD Chicago-O'Hare
CVG Cincinnati (begins 05 June 2023)
DFW Dallas-Fort Worth
DEN Denver
IAH Houston-Intercontinental
LAS Las Vegas (from LGW and LHR)
LAX Los Angeles
MIA Miami
BNA Nashville
EWR Newark
MSY New Orleans
JFK New York (from LGW and LHR)
MCO Orlando (from LGW)
PHL Philadelphia
PHX Phoenix-Sky Harbor
PIT Pittsburgh
PDX Portland
SAN San Diego
SFO San Francisco
SJC San Jose
SEA Seattle-Tacoma
TPA Tampa (from LGW)
IAD Washington-Dulles

With the following former and already mentioned (now unserved) British Airways destinations in the USA.

ANC Anchorage
CLT Charlotte
CHS Charleston
DTW Detroit
FLL Ft Lauderdale (from LGW)
OAK Oakland (from LGW)

And going way back including.
​​​​​
STL St. Louis (BCAL 1981/82 from LGW)

​​​​​

Last edited by Sotonsean; 19th Nov 2022 at 03:17. Reason: Accidentally posted before finishing