PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2022, 11:24
flying_melon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by whitsunday
There is a difference between giving somebody a chance and giving somebody a chance because we need them because we run out of people and we don't have any choice, which makes them a second or third choice on the list. Thank you for stating that in your last response. It's like dating with girls, well, this beautiful pretty one rejected me, I'm just gonna go with that not so pretty one and bang her hard. It's okay. Can make stuffs in my mind and I will be still fine. She might not know my intention because she is too busy sucking my cock. But the truth is, she's just a tool to me and I'm actually using her to get it off.
In fairness, this is true in nearly all professions. On one hand, employers look for people (aka tools) to make them more money. On the other hand, employees often work for ****ty companies in exchange for money and/or future opportunities. Everyone says they love aviation, but how many people would be in this profession if it paid minimum wage? Would you? Can you honestly say your current employer sees you as anything more than a tool to make them more money? If a long-term drop in demand makes you redundant, you will still be cut no matter what an asset the recruitment manger said you were. You are special and useful until you aren't. There are better and worse employers out there, but you would be a fool to think any corporation really sees you as "family" as they like to claim. Cathay is, of course, no different.

Originally Posted by whitsunday
Guess they are no longer looking for future captains.
Hmm... yes and no. They are still investing in cadets and to maximize return, they would want their cadets to stay for as long as possible. After all, it'll be cheaper than hiring foreign pilots and retraining them. That said, it's not like cadets are going to become captains anytime soon, so it's fair to say their approach is more like "wait-and-see" depending on how this 3-year deal with PolyU turns out and whether Hong Kong will return to its former status as an aviation hub.