PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2022, 07:43
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to think I can recognise the bigger picture rather than being a denier. We should all be trying to reduce flying even though this is painful for many people here. Luton is a very successful airport and has created many direct and indirect jobs. It will carry on being successful without the need to satisfy the Pruners here who like to tick off destinations as through they are collecting football stickers. It must be a man and boy thing.

If your desire is to reduce travel to other local airports then promote the smaller airports so they can take passengers away from Luton so reducing demand. Maybe a new airline is required perhaps called Lemming Airways.

I for one will keep on promoting the core Luton Airport and not the wishy washy shower that is running the show today. They have saddled the town with debts and are being given the run around by an airport operator that is looking after its shareholders while the town is losing its services. There will be around 15m passengers this year using Luton yet not a penny will be paid as a dividend to the Council by LRT as they continue to tap into Council bailout money.

If Luton reaches 18m passengers next year, which it won't, the Council still won't get a penny in dividends, as LRT is viewed by those in the know, as being terminally ill.

Last edited by LTNman; 16th Nov 2022 at 12:26.