PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2022, 23:24
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still can’t argue the point that the companies based at the airport can’t fill the vacancies they have got so there is no actual demand for even more jobs.

But that is what the public and the Industry wants
Does Joe Public want bigger airports, more noise and more pollution while showing no concern for global warming?

An expanded Airport will mean more jobs all round, more people paying taxes to boost local services.
Too many working people living in Luton are still on state and council benefits despite having a job. It is no coincidence that the airport is the towns largest employer.

Joe public will question why do I need to go to Essex, Sussex or Birmingham for my flight when there is a perfectly good airport local to me!?
As a member of Joe Public if I fly to say South Africa I expect to fly from Heathrow. That won’t change. If I fly to Spain I fly from Luton, that won’t change either, whether the airport is expanded or not. 142 destinations for half term is plenty. So how many destinations should their be, 175, 200, 250? I hear there is a small village in Albania without flights to Luton. Another destination required?

How about more destinations from Southend, Norwich, Cambridge and Oxford, as they all have perfectly good airports with a local population? Why should people there have to consider Luton or one of the other London Airports when they have their own airport on their doorstep thus adding to road traffic heading to Luton? More local flights means less flights from Luton or is it only Luton that should be expanded?

Last edited by LTNman; 16th Nov 2022 at 06:38.