PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dallas air show crash
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2022, 04:33
Richard of Oz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You beat me to it. I was about to post up the ADSB track overlay I created. My ATC background makes me very curious about the procedures and briefings.

I watched the video posted earlier containing portions of the Airboss briefing which didn't answer any questions and in fact raised more. Two different pattern altitudes were mentioned in the briefing (2000 and 2300) which are very different from what was flown. Interested to know what the procedures were for changing levels not comments posted earlier: The Airboss had briefed the fighters to stay high and bombers to stay low, with the option for the fighters to share the bomber altitude block if everything looked clear.

Does anyone have any more information on the pattern they were flying. Opposite direction passes with tear drop turns at each end. Is this normal for these types of displays, or something specific to this event?

Where would the Airboss have been positioned? I've seen them setup in a variety of positions at different events and often not in the Tower with ATC.

Originally Posted by Flying Binghi
Blancolirio has a look-see:

The ADSB data referenced in the video: