PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - engine fail B777 after V1, TAC on
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2022, 12:30
wiggy

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Milton2967
Forgive me for latching on to your thread but I’m soon to be starting my 777 course. I’ve been reading about TAC fail with an efato.
This may be obvious but there’s no mention of which way you trim the rudder - is it towards the failed or live (dead-leg) engine.
Not sure why you're zeroing in on TAC before the course has started, it's a really minor facet of the overall operation in the scheme of things.

That said I can only reiterate what was said both upthread and elsewhere - regardless of whether TAC is working or not if an engine fails you'll still need to use your feet to some degree and you'll need to trim to some degree. Now TBH I'm a bear with a small brain so I didn't think in terms of I needed to trim "left" or "right", I just tried to remove the leg load.....just as you've probably done on your previous multi-engine types.

If all else fails you'll no doubt do at least one sim before encountering EFATOS and TAC, so you should have an opportunity to play with the rudder trim before it becomes to the course.