PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air-Scotland major problem ??
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2004, 02:45
Eff Oh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It helps to get one's facts correct before posting.
The spar valve light only comes on when the valve disagrees with the fuel control switch position. The fuel control switch is only moved when on the ground during engine start or engine shut down. Assuming there is no engine failure during flight, which in this case there was not. From this we can assume that the aircraft was on the ground, in fact it was discovered during engine shut down. So we now have the aircraft on the ground with the engine shut down. The cb was reset 3 or 4 times by the flight crew ON THE GROUND. There is no problem with resetting a cb on the ground as often as you please. Indeed the engineers reset it 30-60 times during the rectification process.
I am well aware of the dangers in constantly resetting a cb or holding it in place, as I believe was the case in the Air Canada accident. I am also aware of the standard procedure of resetting a cb only once. To suggest that any professional crew would do such a stupid thing during flight, as to continually reset a popped cb is preposterous!