PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair interviews and sim assessments - 2
Old 13th Nov 2022, 09:22
jaydotbe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by horus23
Hello everyone,

I would like some feedback to help deciding which interview preparation I should book.

I’ve heard of UPILOT and AFA packages but would like more details from people who actually use them or even researched them. Which is the best option?

Appreciate the help
Hi there, I passed my assessment earlier this week and used uPilot and VA. I wholeheartedly recommend both.

As you asked for upilot, uPilot's sim is ever so slightly different, to the tune of about 5% in my opinion to VA/RYR's sim. The cockpit is all the same which matters the most, but there is slightly less feel in the controls in the trim sense, not by much. It means it can take a *little* longer to recognise for me that I needed to trim the aircraft but it's easier to spot in the assessment. I'd rather this than the other way around. Also, the visuals are slightly different, but your assessment will have you flying on the instruments 90% of the time so this is almost completely irrelevant. The centreline reference (visually) in the upilot sim is different but at RYR assessment you're not even judged on the landing.

Note... its almost half the price? The value at uPilot is excellent! - I would even be tempted to say spend what you would, at uPilot. If you're lucky enough like me to be paired up with someone else looking to sim prep, you get double the hours as PM, which I honestly believe you are assessed on just as much. my instructor was a Godsend, I learned stuff the day before my assessment regarding manual flying that I literally did not know on my APSMCC. Included in their price is 1-hour theory where they grill you with questions essentially. I saw a couple of posts on uPilot here that dissuaded me until I had a change of heart and I don't regret going at all. Good luck and try biggest recommendation is to find a partner too! Good luck.

Last edited by jaydotbe; 13th Nov 2022 at 09:26. Reason: spelling