PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MOD Pension Debacle
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2022, 08:44
Bob Viking

Received 553 Likes on 151 Posts
Distinctly Unimpressed.

38 working days have elapsed since my last day of service. My most recent phone call to DBS confirmed that my AFPS Form 1 is on file and I have completed everything correctly and on time.

So, after 23 years of service, and a long time spent looking forward to my lump sum and pension I am left scrabbling around making international calls to chase up the whereabouts of the money owed to me.

It’s my birthday tomorrow so maybe someone just thought it would be a nice surprise to hold it back for a while. Either that or it’s just another example of how little regard we are held in by the ‘system’.

At least I can look forward to a speedy resolution to the AFPS75/15 fiasco and get the money that I am owed from that in a reasonable time scale. Oh no, wait a minute…

LJ

I will just add that when on loan service an individual still pays UK tax (ridiculous but there we go) and I was told that my time on secondment won’t hold me back or count as a break in service in any way since my PAS levels continued to advance while I was away. So, whilst I recognise that there may be some complicating factors with my own personal profile, some form of communication to explain why it is all taking so long might be a nice touch.

BV