PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MOD Pension Debacle
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2022, 12:09
VC10Muppet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bob,

I have had no probs with mine and I left in May 22, what I do know is that since, DBS is in chaos at the moment, i don't have the full story but what I do know is this:

The govt has forced DBS to move from Liverpool to Blackpool at very short notice.
This is a round trip of around 3-4 hours for most.
There has been absolutely no consideration for those colleagues that are disabled, have childcare concerns, etc.
As no doubt most will know, the folk you deal with are generally 2nd income earners, this is having a huge impact on the workers.
those in their twilight years are taking early retirement, and those that cant commute are chucking it.
there is now a pers shortage.
There may be strike action as a result.
and to top it off, they are getting lumbered with additional work that wasn't really pre-planned or has been sufficiently resourced. I know this because in my role I have had to redeploy a member of staff on a full-time basis to now do what they used to do for us.

why the move, well the word on the street is quite simply, the Tory govt decided to punish Liverpool, so make of that what you will.

good luck with getting it sorted, when it starts rolling in, those years of hard graft and fun will be well worth it.