PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R Areas - Shoalwater Bay
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2022, 10:54
Geoff Fairless

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks LB, I have read the Geoscience stuff, and you are correct, everyone quotes the EEZ these days without knowing what it is!
Also correct MickG0105; regrettably CASA OAR thought they had for ever to address the issue. (That seems to be the nature of ICAO audits, I am also a Lead Auditor for the ICAO Universal Safety Oversight Audit Programme). I don't believe they took it seriously until I wrote through Avsef about Talisman Sabre 2021. You know you have got through when CASA phones and asks, "we want to know what you are up to?"
I would be interested in your opinions about the new AIC, I personally do not believe it addresses the problem safely, but I hope there is more going on behind the scenes.

For information I have already received a reply from the ADF:Good evening Mr Fairless,

Thank you for concern. I think you might find the following CASA Policy Proposal of interest:

https://consultation.casa.gov.au/reg...P%202108AS.pdf

Defence are working alongside CASA in an endeavour to resolve this longstanding issue.

In terms of the current proposal to expand SWBTA, I can assure you that all new restricted area volumes will be compliant with both domestic law and international conventions.

Kind regards,

Daniel Olsen
Squadron Leader

SO2 Airspace Operations, Joint Airspace Control Cell
Air and Space Operations Centre