PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baltic Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2022, 09:59
mindaugenius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A320LGW
Guys, I myself went to BAA and went through the Lleida movie etc. I sat for 4 months with not 1 flight hr. I took a flight to go there to train and rented an apartment (paid deposit etc) in preparation for the next phase only to show up at the briefing and be told "actually you are now rescheduled until after Christmas". Bye bye deposit, time to get another flight home and somehow explain it all to my family. Me and many of my colleagues at the time posted many warnings about what was going on. If anyone chose to ignore that's fine, but nobody can claim there was no warning. We witnessed serious management changes (and their best senior instructors all quitting) and raised the flag that prospective students should stay away. You took the risk to ignore the warnings and now it is backfiring.

Anyhow, all of my class did find jobs in the end, the only ones still unemployed have visa (non EU/UK) issues. In fact I know very few unemployed even from classes before and after me, the ones who are got laid off by wizz during covid, nothing to do with BAA.​​​​​​​

I do genuinely hope it works out for you guys and you get get into the job market as quickly as possible.​​​​​​​
at least they told you when you can be expected to be scheduled again and you could go back home. If your situation happened to someone now they'd just say maņana maņana you will be scheduled , make you come all the way to the airport the next days and after, cancel you and repeat the same mantra and make you sit in Lleida till Christmas and beyond. And if you do go home, they won't even schedule you anymore because " we told you that you will be scheduled tomorrow so why did you go home"