PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iran
Thread: Iran
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2022, 17:32
Lonewolf_50

Received 412 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by GlobalNav
@LW-50. Perhaps you have a point, but what is the difference in intent or outcome, perhaps just the means?
The order of magnitude of the body count, as I see it. If "execute" all protesters includes anyone protesting ,and not just those who have been so far arrested, you are looking at 100's of thousands of people being gunned down. If it is confined to those already arrested and charged, it's still a lot of people, but a few orders of magnitude smaller. While I am not sure that the judges will go along with this, that's a guess on my part and if I am wrong the body bag count will be considerable.
Originally Posted by iranintel.com article
Late in October, hardliner MP Mohammad Esmail Kowsari, also a high ranking IRGC officer, implicitly threatened that the government will respond differently to the ongoing protests from now on. While protests continue across Iran, the Islamic Republic’s Judiciary has also announced that it has indicted over 1,000 people who were arrested during the demonstrations.
I suspect that they have arrested more than those thousand who have already been indicted.
Originally Posted by NutLoose
Where did I say that? I think the poster in the thread has just worded it poorly
So you cut and paste it, without thinking it through.
You'd have been better off to post that article (by the way, thank you for that one, it's much better presented and paints a clearer picture) than that badly worded tweet.