PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New recruits beware of Qatar Airways!
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2004, 20:51
strength

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New recruits beware of Qatar Airways!

Anyone thinking of joining QR?well,think again! What to expect:

Poor Salary (unless you come from a third world country)
Poor support from the office wether its Saliya the Snake,Bob (i'd rather play golf and save money then pi** off Gates) or welfare (otherwise known as "nightmare"). Welfare are very well known for giving the crew as little support as possible (guys, you literally have to be on deaths door to get any sympathy from them if you call in sick)
Your "colleagues" will grass you up wether you are a captain or a crew member - Al-Bakers so called onboard auditors are mostly made up of crew who lick his little a**e.
Take a look at Bahrain and Dubai - the crew can go out and enjoy themselves and get discount on drinks. Mr. Al-Baker stopped the discount in Qatar in what few places there are to go and enjoy yourself.
AAB is a racist and hates europeans,eer how many europeans left in your airline sir??
The beautiful fleet of aircraft NOT! like the glam A300! Not nice working on that in the middle of summer,temperature inside is like being inside an oven,smells of urine on those lovely AFA and AFD aircraft have ALL pax complaining even crew fainting in the middle of summer.
You could be demoted for absolutely nothing at all.
When you complete your AB course or CS/CSD course look forward to the threats from the man AAB himself - fab way to go out on line - ooh, Mr Richard Branson throws a party for his crew,sometimes gives them a free mobile phone - what do you get? "my onboard auditors are watching you"....."Well, i fired him and her today........."
The vast majority of crew hate the airline,most flights you'll be flying crew home who have resigned or want to resign,morale is very,very low and it's worrying to hear F/deck crew constantly complaining - on a flight last week one F/O said that they were overworked,underpaid,tired and fed up....all the ingredients for a disaster.
Anyone thinking of joining think again - go to Emirates or another professional airline......my resignation is ready.