PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - L3 VS CAE VS Leading Edge vs FTA- What is the best choice 2021?
Old 6th Nov 2022, 19:21
VariablePitchP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hats.On.To.Fly
Oh don't get me wrong, that is a great deal for the students and there will be massive competition for those 6 places. Pretty cushty for a 2 year bond, airlines used to do 4+ years for a 30k type rating.

I just don't understand it from the business side. Leading Edge apparently couldn't pay their bills recently, and just opened a fair weather base and so have all the costs associated with that. It just doesn't add up.
It definitely doesn’t add up if you think of it as them paying £115K. Reality is that includes VAT for customers paying it, so we’re straight away down to £95K. That’s got a load of margin in, can’t be costing them much more than £60K to actually train them. Which will have some obscure tax write off built into it. It’s got the BSc thing, all sorts of stuff they can play.

Huge amount of free advertising, charging lots of people for assessments.

On balance though, I still can’t knock it. There will absolutely be people who get licences who otherwise couldn’t, and that can only be a good thing.