PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - East Midlands-7
Thread: East Midlands-7
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2022, 18:06
Balair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would imagine additional ramp space has to be their priority, as I’ve heard space, particularly on Cargo East, is becoming somewhat problematic at times.
As far as I can see, the only way of achieving this is to build cargo “Far-East” beyond the UPS hub, although it would obviously necessitate costly additional taxiway work. (It may well be worth considering constructing the small runway extension planned for the 27 end at the same time?) It would also mean that the ramp would initially be exclusively for UPS, at least until any additional transit sheds are built there.
With regard to Cargo West it seems any expansion would necessitate the relocation of the JCB hangar (good forward planning there)! otherwise perhaps they might consider laying more concrete to bring stands 200-203 up to “fully operational” nose-in standard. This would obviously not increase capacity, but would reduce ground handling somewhat.
No doubt we can anticipate planning applications to be submitted in the not too distant future.