PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-11
Thread: Ryanair-11
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2022, 11:02
MANFAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6
A few days ago, I made a booking on the Ryanair website (no, it wasn't some fake website) for a one way flight in my own name, using a credit card in my own name. I've now received an email from FR saying my booking was made by an online travel agent or a bot and therefore I need to be at the checkin desk at least 2 hours in advance to check in (or presumably 3 hours to allow for a queue), or spend more money and pass all my biometric details from my passport to some muppet in a call centre and risk identity fraud. Furthermore, access to the booking has been removed when I visit the FR website or look at the Ryanair app on my phone. Web support are hopeless. Any idea as to what one needs to do in future to prevent this happening ? Is it compulsory to book car hire when I fly FR or is there a maximum number of bookings allowed per year per person ?

I've flown with FR about 40 times since the start of 2022, but am very reluctant to use them if there is a risk of having to turn up at the airport 3 hours to checkin
I received the same e mail yesterday from Ryanair (looks a genuine e mail) after I booked a flight on the app 24hrs earlier. Again, I used my own phone, connected to my own wifi and paid using my own credit card.
At the bottom of the e mail, this is stated:IN ORDER TO RESOLVE THESE ISSUES, YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO CHECK-IN BY:

ONLINE VERIFICATION
· A passenger on this booking can verify using facial recognition technology.
· This service is provided on the Ryanair website for a fee of €0.35.
· Online Verification allows you to manage your booking via Ryanair.com.

What is going on? They are an absolute nightmare to contact over the phone or via social media!
The e mail also states to attend the Ryanair ticket desk 120mins prior to departure...which in my case happens to be Stansted, so I assume there is a ticket desk in the check in hall?