PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bond for rejoining rated pilots?
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2022, 13:15
Piet Lood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sam Ting Wong
I am neither emotionally attached to my employer nor do I concur with the political direction of Hong Kong or Beijing. I neither like nor dislike Cathay, I base my decision as closely as possible on reason. I don't see management as my friends, I expect them to act against my interests. I am totally indifferent towards management, but admit I find it mind-boggling how people mix up micro and macro causations, as the Musk commentary above beautifully demonstrates. I certainly don't think accepting even worse conditions elsewhere is a smart way of taking revenge for hurt feelings over a lost contract. I can assure you that the moment I get off that last flight I won't look back, as opposed to some sad individuals in here.

The current year will be financially the best year in my career and I don't get paid in Euro-Lira, don't work 100 hrs or pay 45% tax. I don't want to be in the right seat again, I don't want to earn half or less, I don't want to commute and I don't have a green card and I don't want to live in the desert. My cost base in HK is low, we have a double income and my kids get a supreme education. Having said that, of course there might be very good reasons for others to leave. I don't judge those who leave, of course not. I actually hope more would leave, since market forces are the only way to improve conditions. Maybe I leave next year, maybe in 10, who knows. But telling me staying is equal to support of the politics, managenent or just being blind to the risks is simply moronic.