PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Sheffield-3
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2022, 12:37
MikeeB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ShyTorque
All over bar the shouting, then. A case of Peel’s long term plan coming to fruition?
Maybe not....

Ros Jones

Today as we see the last flights land at DSA, I understand that a significantly improved offer has been made to owners Peel from an international conglomerate after the first substantial offer was astonishingly turned down. I urge Peel to take this enhanced offer seriously and enter into a suitable process of due diligence which is a normal part of business dealings. I understand the monetary figures involved are well above the market value and present a very attractive investment offer. So why don’t Peel enter into serious negotiations with the prospective buyer? You have to ask yourself why don’t they want to sell? Perhaps Peel are speculating that there might be higher land values in the future whilst a critically important strategic piece of infrastructure gathers dust, jobs are lost and economic advantages are wasted.
We can’t let that happen and will use the legal remedies we have. So this week, Doncaster Council has secured a legal agreement from Peel that they will not formally close the airport before the end of November and have issued a claim for a judicial review of Peel’s decision to close DSA. This gives more than enough time for Peel to seriously enter into negotiations with the prospective buyer. Doncaster Council is also actively working on a Compulsory Purchase Order which will unfortunately not keep the airport open just now or retain the jobs sadly lost but will be the final legal step if a sale is not agreed. It is not too late for Peel to do the right thing and sell.