PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MOD Pension Debacle
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2022, 10:05
Sveneng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob Viking
I am not describing my question as having anything to do with the above mentioned debacle. I am just tagging a question on here in the hope of getting a knowledgeable answer.

My last day in uniform was 20 Sep 22. When, therefore, should I expect to receive my lump sum and what, if anything, do I need to do to make it happen?

I completed all the relevant paperwork before leaving and was told I had nothing left to do. My UK address and bank details have remained the same as they were before I left. I am out of the country though and haven’t read any correspondence from Equiniti.

The answer I have had so far is to expect my lump sum to arrive in 30 working days (it’s now been more than that) and that all payments will be back dated.

I just wondered if anybody has any recent experience of whether the 30 days is a good benchmark or whether it will be the first pay run after the 30 days (standard JPAC Glasgow answer even though I realise pensions are done differently) or one of any number of other such excuses.

I have some Champagne on ice which is waiting on an answer!

BV
I left a few months ago. Lump sum arrived 9 working days after I officially finished. Pension, paid in arrears, was a seemingly random 20 working days afterwards.
I did chase it up as I’d heard nothing after filling in the paperwork several months earlier even though you’re supposed to get confirmation of receipt from them. They had received everything and could provide me the detail of what I would be receiving with rough dates as well.