PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 3rd Nov 2022, 19:32
glenb

Received 83 Likes on 38 Posts
Saying that......

I fully recognize that i am stumbling back in the ring uncontrollably, leaning backwards at about 45 degrees, each desperate step back trying to keep myself upright. Its hard to see out the two swollen eyes, with blood pooling in the sockets, the head is thumping, and i can feel the drool pooling and spilling out the right side of my mouth which seems to have a rather large gash. I can feel my white boxing shorts clinging to my bum, but still have enough awareness to hope it's only sweat, as i feel the camera flashes going off behind me, and the crowd gasping. It really doesn't look pretty, and ohhhh that smell.

Whilst the fight isnt completely over here, no. doubt it looks lost. Let the record state that boxer Buckley's fighting career dragged out over four years, and he only had the one fight, but it was against a couple of weight classes above him. He got well and truly whipped but my goodness. The man went down swinging.

There is only a short time to go on this match, but you've all invested so much in the front row seats. Please hang around until i crash down into the ring, obviously not to get back up again till the bell rings. If my eyes appear to be rolling in different directions whilst I'm down there don't be too concerned, I'm merely trying to look around and acknowledge you all. Whilst not the victor I will muster everything i can to raise my hand and acknowledge you all, when i stagger back up on my feet, and I'm going to make dam sure my butt is directed to the opponents' supporters.

Very very very appreciative of everyone's comments and support throughout the four-year boxing career. It is over. Hope you'll stay to the presentation at the end which isn't too much longer.

What "akido' you say, whats that all about? What color is the uniform?

Last edited by glenb; 3rd Nov 2022 at 19:49.