PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Least Favorite Maintenance Tasks
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2022, 11:13
60FltMech

Received 60 Likes on 30 Posts
Truth be told…

Loving the responses so far!

Someone said above “makes me want to go back to work…not. But we sure had fun!” That’s the truth! Some of the least favorite or hard task had the payoff of the feeling of accomplishment when you did it quicker than the other guy.
I remember removing a #2 engine fuel control off a Chinook without pulling the engine (T55-GA-714) just to see why nobody did it that way. Turns out there’s one safety on a bolt that is REALLY easy with the engine removed, not so much when it’s installed. 🤣But, we got it done.

Or the camaraderie of the team you are working with being told, “I bet you can’t…” Challenge accepted! Locked out forward head on a Chinook, Measured axial play on the swashplate drive link and reconnected pitch links with logbook entries cleared in 23 minutes because this one Nitpicking Flight Engineer never wanted to fly.

Someone else said something about RADS, thought about that yesterday as we were doing 120 hour vibe checks on a UH-60M. IVHUMS is such a wonderful thing, no more running wires all over the aircraft with an AVA kit(what the Army calls RADS), hooking em into the DAU and then having a bad wire, accelerometer etc or bad CADU.

Now everything is part of the aircraft, and it works great.

FltMech