PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Least Favorite Maintenance Tasks
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2022, 15:51
60FltMech

Received 60 Likes on 30 Posts
Utility Hydraulics

SASless,
Oh yeah, I forgot about that one! This task is exactly the same as you remember. we did a #2 manifold one time(opposite side of the pylon), a Rosan fitting blew out of the manifold body, emptied the #2 system. We robbed a complete manifold from a deadlined aircraft and took is out to the downed aircraft at the stagefield(Goldberg) and commenced to change it.

it was quite cold out, and windy. I had Carhartt coveralls on folded up in the access on the right side of the pylon and my partner was on the other(windier side) Fun times.

Funny side note: when we tore down the damaged manifold the transfer the parts across to a new manifold body a couple months later the return filter was completely full of brass colored metal shavings. In 22 years I’ve never seen a more plugged up filter. And that’s a big filter, as you know.

We showed the Maintenance manager what we found and he immediately pulled the aircraft down for a hydraulic purification, which was a big deal as we only had like 9 flyable aircraft out of 32 at the time!

Ahhh, the bad old days…

FltMech