PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Excel Parking "Services"
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2002, 15:39
av8er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was also clamped at MAN back in December. I was unclamped for the fee (£40) and obviously complained bitterly. I have to confess that shouting at the 'Manager' on the premium line did little to help my case, but it certainly made me feel better.

I appealed, in writing, and claimed a fee for my time hanging around in the cold. They rejected it. However, the Base Captain was extremely helpful and, after consultation with Man airport, they have promised to refund the £40 and rip up the parking ticket. I have also claimed the telephone expenses back, but have yet to hear anything.

I agree that this company is criminal. I was clamped for not having the '2' on the passs visible in the windscreen. Although my pass had risen-up the 2 was still visible if you tried. What indicated the true value of this company to me was that they use a premium line if you wish to contact them, they will not call you back and they state on their letter that if you wish a receipt for the £60 parking fine you have to send an SAE. Get real people.

Oh, by the way, they do not clamp you for an hour after they have put the warning on the car. As I tried to explain (whilst paying them 50p a minute for the pleasure) thats a great deal of use in a long haul car park!!

Good luck Shot One et al. I was never going to pay them either and was quite relishing the challenge!