PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair interviews and sim assessments - 2
Old 1st Nov 2022, 23:34
A320LGW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AviatorBoy_95
Not accurate. I attended an open day presentation and the numbers were pretty clear: 20K over 4 years (no mention of 5k waived if staying 5 years). It is also possible to self spensor the TR for 35K euro which can suit better some persons like you.Also afaik, accomation and travel are paid by Wizz even for cadets (with ryanair, the overall cost is at least 35K with accomodation, licence transfer ...)For Lauda cadet (Ryanair), it was 20K over 3 years with no possibility to self spensor.I have nothing against ryanair (really) but it is not always shiny. Some persons (who does not speak loudly) pass the TR after paying a lot of money and do not get the job after "failing" the line training. Some other airlines (who bond their pilot) would invest more on the training to get their cadets meeting their requirements.Anyway, at the end of the day, for low timers, all these are details. What they need is simply to get into the industry whatever the conditions
lots there, lots of factual inaccuracies The most brazen however is the bit about ryanair not supporting the cadets in meeting the training requirements. That's totally false. Yes they dont book you the Sheraton for the 3 month course and there's no pay, but that doesn't mean the instructors and training department dont go out of their way to provide training support to those struggling. I've personally seen guys struggle and get sent for additional training, free of charge (despite the AFA contract saying the cadet must pay). Likewise in line training, it goes on until they are satisfied you meet the level. Whoever has told you this info has told you lies. You need to separate the Ryanair media/marketing image from the training department, totally different animals.