PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brisbane Airport welcomes Jet Zero council
Old 1st Nov 2022, 20:54
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by De_flieger
Beer Baron, it's not really worth engaging with ol Binghi, if you look here Gish Gallop: When people try to win debates by using overwhelming nonsense you can see his methods explained. In short it's just throwing out dozens of arguments regardless of how weak or unsupported they are, and hoping to wear you down because you'll get sick of rebutting things so it seems like a win for him, and it's far quicker for him to make a few more claims than it is for you to explain why they are wrong. Just because the world's scientific institutions all say something is happening based on vast numbers of independent data sources across multiple disciplines, it apparently doesn't matter because there are a mixture of (in much smaller numbers) genuine scientists who are either long-dead, not working in the field they're being quoted in, or whose work is being misrepresented by crackpots with blogs that disproves it all....

I mean, one of Binghi's arguments was that greenhouse gases are supposed to warm the atmosphere for years, but at night it gets cold, so....checkmate, I guess?
Hmmm… seems I’m shooting down yer various call-signs De_flieger