PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Continued U.S interfering with foreign airlines
Old 8th Jan 2004, 16:49
CaptainFillosan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
411A

You trying to demonstrate, yet again, your arrogant streak? What are you on about? We are talking about a general security 'arrangement' now! The banning of UK visitors to the US without a visa or biometric ID. And you know what? Tom Ridge has decided that no-one here, and in other EU states, cannot apply before the deadline of 26th October this year. Do you want to tell us what that means? No, don't bother, I'll tell you.

Anyone who has booked to fly to the US on or after 26th October will now not be able to do so unless they have a visa. How the hell are they going to do that? The airlines will have empty seats for weeks and the industry will have what amounts to melt down.

Trouble is that Tom Ridge and a whole lot of people like him have no conception of what is involved in this industry and go right ahead and make a draconian move like this. What is he on? He will have the whole of Europe turn against the US this way.

But let us hope that the he sees sense and changes it. But I wouldn't hold your breath.

It would help 411A if you could cut your understandable altruistic attitude a little and understand what it means to the UK in particular. But I expect you will again adopt your insular approach.

This will help you understand: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3378057.stm