PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bird in a Biplane
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2022, 20:10
First_Principal

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by megan
They're no longer epic adventures in a real sense, light aircraft have been flying on these sort of trips for decades. Epic for the pilot involved...

....Two friends flew a Baron around the world non stop in 1971 to break the speed record, by non stop I mean they only landed to refuel and immediately take off again
megan Quite, there needs to be some other aspect to such flights today for them to be unique and especially newsworthy. To my mind Zara and Mack's journeys are more notable than that of some aged sheila charging around with a mate in his Stearman, but who knows there might be more to it.

As it happens, and as I suggested earlier to Mike Flynn, it's my view that there's a good story to be told about the aftermath/defrocking of Ms Curtis-Taylor's flights. While that comment could have been construed as sarcastic at the time it wasn't (well, not entirely , and I suspect a decently written piece could have somewhat wider appeal than just the aviation community.

Otherwise I was interested in your Baron story and went looking to see if there was any more information. A brief search came across this site which related some sad news. I assume the person mentioned there is 'your' Trevor? I couldn't find anything on Bob, but perhaps you know more?

FP.