PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New 'Bonza' LCC launches middle 2022 with B737 MAX
Old 1st Nov 2022, 12:23
PoppaJo

Received 295 Likes on 124 Posts
The AOC once granted will initially have restrictions placed on it around fleet numbers. It really depends how they perform within the first 6-12 months and if Canberra are happy to increase. The bar will be higher here as they are the first independent start up in a long time, Tiger took CASA to Singapore for a bit to review its standards, they don’t have the luxury of that here. Certainly started falling apart in the years after and I doubt they want a repeat of that. It’s generally that year post launch when departments start doing what they want and budgets start to get enforced, which results in standards slipping and a poor relationship towards to the regulator starts to build. Any similar behaviour at all from what I witnessed at Tiger Mark 1 towards CASA, I wouldn’t give chances anymore like they did in the past. I hope Bonza is investing heavily in back of house.

The comment around having a spare aircraft in the fleet is encouraging, clearly have some insight to the Tiger mess and the consequences of flying around aircraft that are not meant to be flying around, which results in severe consequences for the ability to continue operations.

Not sure where the Pilots are all coming from for such a fleet as mentioned above though. Seem to be having some struggles in that space, I see Rex also still advertising for 737 Pilots.

Last edited by PoppaJo; 1st Nov 2022 at 12:35.