PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Courses
Thread: Qantas Courses
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2004, 16:32
ExcessData

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The mob I work for always try and give at least two weeks notice of a start date but usually it is four
and Qantas are absolutely no different. I can name dozens of direct entry pilots taken on in the past few years given in excess of 3-4 weeks' notice. I know for a fact that this is always their aim.

The problem comes with 'interesting' courses like the ones rumoured to be starting soon. In this case, these are the first courses following a period of suspended recruitment - they need virtually board-level approval to run, and in a company rebounding quickly from SARS etc, a fair bit of careful planning in order best fulfil the flying plan of the day (which does apparently change very regularly indeed (A330s etc)).

You'd have to ask the applicants themselves when they received their start dates, and whether it was satisfactory, but quite frankly if it were me getting a start at a major airline with hundreds of people on its hold file, I'd be quite content with 24 hours' notice if that was the best they could do...

Good luck to those out there on the hold file