PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brisbane Airport welcomes Jet Zero council
Old 30th Oct 2022, 09:06
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Beer Baron
It is very hard to know what you are driving at here Binghi. At no point did I posit that Methane was the most importantgreenhouse gas, I stated that it is more potent than CO2 (how much so depends on the timeframe). I don’t see you disputing that.

As to your odd obsession with water vapour, here is what NASA says on the subject:

So perhaps you are confused about what causes weather systems and what causes Climate Change. Increased water vapour being a consequence of climate change not a driver of it. Again, if you disagree with these positions, take it up with NASA. As you are clearly smarter than an MIT professor then I am sure you will be an excellent resource for the folks at NASA.
NASA. The causes of Climate Change

Hmmm… Beer Baron, I referenced your link. I quoted from and covered the expert “methodology” of your MIT link.. That’s the link written by: “…Andrew Moseman, MIT Climate Portal Writing Team and guest expert Jessika Trancik, associate professor at the MIT Institute for Data, Systems, and Society…”

https://climate.mit.edu/ask-mit/why-...we-underrating

Beer Baron, you want to try using the common sense approach to just what is a ‘driver’ of climate. Real world ‘climate’ is not a flat earth climate computer model them MIT numpties fondle with wishful thinking.

Try doing a reductio-ad-adsurdum thought experiment: Remove all water vapour from the atmosphere and what are we left with ? …clouds ? …Fog ? …Rain ? …Cyclones ? …warm humid nights ?
Tell me again about this ‘driver’ of climate…

As the, in his time, most referenced climate scientist said: “You can go outside and spit and have the same effect as doubling carbon dioxide.” Reid Bryson. Bryson were referencing the effect of water vapour.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reid_Bryson

Reid Bryson were one of those hands on weather experts. During WW2 he used to jump into the back of B25’s and fly off into enemy territory so he could do better forecasting. He were one of the wx forecasters of the cyclone that caused the largest disaster in US navy history.

Last edited by Flying Binghi; 30th Oct 2022 at 19:25.