PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Electric Airplane Developments
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2022, 22:24
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Romeo Tango
It's easy to say that electric aircraft are not practical. They aren't yet apart from a few niches. BUT do not ignore the power of capitalism, there is a LOT of money to be made by anyone who solves even part of the battery problem. Whatever happens we have to make it work as soon as we can or there is a high likelihood that our toys will be taken away as the climate problem gets more obvious.

I have now had an electric car for 4 years. My first one was an adventure, much planning and hope required on long trips. I now have a Tesla, the best car I have ever owned, smooth quiet power, enough range to get from Dorset to London and back without charging. Costs very little to run due having solar panels on my house. Flying behind a nasty, dirty, unreliable piston engine seems a step backward.
I’m a bit mystified just what this ‘climate problem’ is ? You ask people what exactly is the climate problem issue and you get a hand wave to some media article telling of some weather that is supposed to be the most extreme we’ve ever had… except for that worse weather we had 50 years ago or so. I’m yet to see any reference to an actual real ‘climate problem’ issue…

Romeo Tango, you deserve to have your ‘toys’ taken away from you if you can’t be bothered to put some time into researching the so-called ‘climate problem’. Because in the end its not your toys that you need worry about if those suffering from climate hysterics and the climate profiteers get their way.

Start your research with the basics. Why do those pushing climate hysteria always want to shut down debate on the issue ?

​​​​​…
​​​​​…