Thread: Flybe-V2
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2022, 12:46
jmdavies86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BA318
Cancelled before it even begins.
Originally Posted by southamptonavgeek
Jethro's suggests that there have been issues with at least one of the aircraft which was due for delivery. Perhaps it wasn't a foreseeable situation?
Originally Posted by BA318
But again this has now happened multiple times that their aircraft are not ready.

The fact they haven’t rescheduled and just outright cut it makes me think they realised it wasn’t worth going up against Loganair after all.
BA318 - I agree entirely.

They already experienced issues with aircraft delivery earlier in the Summer and had to wet-lease in capacity in the form of an E175 (SX-ASK) from Greek-based Marathon Airlines, so it's clearly an ongoing problem.

If it is the fault of the leasing firm that has led to these delivery delays, then surely Flybe would be able to seek relevant compensation from said leasing company, no?!

The lack of an early morning BHD-IOM rotation means that it wouldn't have been suitable for those people wishing to do a BHD-IOM-BHD or IOM-BHD-IOM day-return trip as the proposed timings would have necessitated an overnight stay.

Going up against Loganair on IOM-LHR is(was) just silly in my opinion and makes me think the numbers were simply just too low to warrant operating it and/or this might have more to do with holding the slots they have at LHR. If they were really committed to operating from/to IOM, they could've just delayed the launch by a few weeks, which would've still garnered some criticism, however the impacts would have been relatively short-lived compared to cancelling it altogether.