PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2022, 15:23
TCAS FAN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by shamrock7seal
So you're saying SOU will be prepared (subject to staffing) to be open regularly up to 23:00 once the extension is completed?

For a based LCC to make arrivals in before 23:00 is still, in my humble opinion, too tight. They need the flex to 00:00 or 01:00 to make it work factoring in delays and preventing diversions to alternates.
I am no longer involved in determining airport operating policy/business strategy, so cannot possibly comment on any ability for SOU to routinely extend beyond normal published operating hours.

I view of the inference that no arrivals after 2300HR were permitted, all I have attempted to do is impart my understanding of the original provisions of the Section 106 agreement in respect of not permitting scheduling of arrivals after 2300. This may have changed in which case I invite any thread readers, who may have a copy of the 106 currently in place, to confirm/update this understanding.

Furthermore, I have highlighted what has changed with ATC manning requirements, which formerly required two ATCOs to provide service over. Provision of ATC cover, which invariably caused diversions, should therefore technically be easier to facilitate.