View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2022, 10:46
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 419 Likes on 221 Posts
Originally Posted by First_Principal
Mike,

It seems to me that as a story about her journey it could be of interest to some, she may have toned down the 'solo' claim, and I suppose in publishing it she's weighed up any negative personal issues that may arise. Perhaps this would make it less fictional per se, although whether she names and impugns other people remains to be seen.
My understanding is that the whole crux of the matter was the meaning of the word “solo”.

I was quite interested in the venture until it became obvious that the word was being incorrectly used and that people in high places were being used as top cover. I felt obliged to point this out to the hierarchy of HCAP because as an Upper Freeman I felt their award was being mistakenly given, bringing the organisation into disrepute. The wording appertaining to the award was subtly changed but the award stood. I can only deduce that this was because of potential embarrassment this might have to certain personal friends of Ms TCT, high up within the HCAP organisation.