PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2022, 06:52
cavokblues

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rivet Joint
which is a skewed way of looking at things. 2019 was pre Covid and when Flybe was around and had monopolised the airport. It’s demise and the fact there are no other airlines like it to provide a sizeable base with the current limited runway is why growth looks slow. plus Doncaster is shutting down and the likes of Exeter, Southend etc have hardly recovered as well as Southampton. All the physical signs are there with airlines fighting over routes and the airport investing. I booked a flight the other day and there were hardly any seats left. So I wouldn’t read into that part of the article as it’s misleading.

Also for the poster who is pointing out the demise of Flybe reflects badly on the airport most of its routes at Southampton were profitable. Flybe’s demise was a result of many other issues that have long been discussed on this forum.

This thread should be a predominantly positive one.
I do find it slightly perplexing the 'new' Flybe haven't focused more on Southampton in their reincarnation. We've been told they had all the data from the old airline so why haven't they made a larger effort to take back their old stomping ground?