PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2022, 04:37
whitsunday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrissyPrezzie
Of course it was a painless experience. It has to be. They had to go easy on you and everybody else just to make up the number. That is recruiting 101. Try to read some of the past posts on this thread, you will be AMAZED how easy it is now than before. Talking about standard? Standard has left the building years ago. #Racingtothebottom
So true!

I remember in my final interview, I was grilled by a Training Captain on B777. Why? Because I picked the 773ER, and he just started firing things at me. 45 minutes. non stop questioning. From basic aerodynamics such as lift weight drag thrust to fuel calculation, TOD calculation, to aviation weather like what is cold front warm front etc, to hydraulic system on B773 and some other things I didn't even know of. He asked me one question, I answered it, he then fired back right away, every time it gets harder and harder, 45 minutes, I chose my words very meticulously while sweating at my back. Few months preparation all out in 45 minutes. Keep in mind I was just a Zero hour guy! It was one hell experience.

Few months after I joined the company, met this chap again, told me he did it on purpose just to test out my limit! That, is what standard means people.

Good old days are gone.