PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qlink
Thread: Qlink
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2022, 12:01
HappyBandit

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 43Inches
Hmm, only the PC-12 would be considered slightly complicated, C208 and Kodiak are fixed gear, no hydraulics apart from brakes, no pressurisation, single engine, TAS around 200 kts max. Flying a Chieftain or even a 6 place twin (other than a Partenavia) would be more complex and hone the single pilot IFR skills far more. Granted the piston twins are definitely on the way out, however the cadet programs coming out still focus on multi training in a Seminole or similar for the multi engine basics.

Minimum hours just reflect the amount of applicants and/or insurance/contract requirements. QLink is asking for multi time as they think they can still get direct entries with that under their belt. In reality you are better off applying for Rex, Link or other TP operators, getting a quick command and then applying for QF groups with jets, or you risk getting stuck in QLInk to fill seats.
That is a good point actually. It really depends where you want to see your career. If QF is your dream job then as 43 says, apply externally. So many of us internals are sitting idle in the hold pile. Yet I know guys that applied at same time and are checked to line.

When I was an FO about 10 years ago, I recall a captain say to me...if you want to progress, don't stay here otherwise you get too comfortable. He was right.

Of course, if like many that are comfortable with regional which overall isn't a bad gig, then by all means stay.

In terms of bases Cairns and Adelaide has the best lifestyle. I just couldn't hack the summer heat up there.