PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How may I copy the contact list from LG C440 to iMac?
Old 26th Oct 2022, 09:53
Carrier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions.

On the phone I selected Save to Sim but all it did was duplicate every entry on the Contact List. I then had to one by one manually delete all the duplicates.

The Owner’s Manual does refer to using LGPCSuite. I obtained v1.1.6 and installed it. I am unable to get it to work. I tried connecting by both USB cable and bluetooth.

LG’s Support then advised by email that USB connection does not work (why then is it referred to in the manual?) but it SHOULD be possible using Bluetooth. They fail to advise how in spite of follow up requests for step by step instructions or a link to an instruction video on their website, YouTube or elsewhere.

It is staggering that what should be a simple and routine operation, backing up a cell phone contact list to an iMac, should be so difficult and lacking in support from LG. Has LG management and sales not heard of repeat business and referrals?

LG apparently no longer sells phones. Perhaps the obstructive design and lack of support I am facing caused the phone part of their business to decline. I am looking to buy aircon for our house but why should I consider any aircon made by LG? I think it is fair and reasonable to assume that their aircon products are as impractical and lacking in support as their phones as evidenced by my LG C-440 flip phone. Who designs LG’s products and who manages LG’s after sales service?

My C-440 works fine for voice and SMS in different continents. All that is needed is some simple support on how to copy the contact list to an iMac. Why should this be so difficult?

On this back up issue LG has a track record of failure and incompetence:

1. The cell phone should have been designed to be simple and intuitive for routine tasks such as backing up contact lists, texts, etc
2. The Owner’s Manual should accurately and simply explain how to do them.
3. LG Support should be readily contactable by email by a proper email address, not obstructive online forms that fail to accept phone numbers and addresses in different international formats.
4. Follow up requests to LG Support should be responded to to solve the problem

It would not have been necessary for me to ask for help here if LG had got its act together!