PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 407 RESTART FAULT question…
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2022, 18:00
RVDT

Location: After all, what’s more important than proving to someone on the internet that they’re wrong? - Manson
Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts
Now before we go off on a tangent you only get 1 answer per day.

If you have a FADEC RESTART FAULT warning it can be helpful to now. Yes the DC system in the airframe may be fine but the power supply to the EEC for starting may be fritzed as there are a few small components which may have failed.
Bell is being polite and telling you that (A) you have a fault and (B) it may influence your decision on whether to shutdown the aircraft depending on where you might be at the time, and/or it may not shut down as expected

Bell is not alone in this scenario and it is fairly common on other types to do various tests to ensure the PMA and airframe circuit is operating as it should. PWC 200 Series for example.

I’m still trying to understand RVDT’s comment on the diodes though I lack the intelligence of you guys so it’s difficult for me.
Nearly everything electrical has an equivalent hydraulic analogy - diode = check valve. Will only let current flow in one direction and as mentioned you can't let the PMA power the main DC bus on the aircraft if you had a generator failure for example.
The following users liked this post: