PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying the LINE professionally
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2022, 20:12
PapaEchoIndia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All above plus :

- If your company is not a charter company, check the route you will fly from previous days' flights. Note down the en-route alternates, airport briefing pages, and have an idea about taxi route, parking stand, etc. Instructors like to see a first officer who prepared for the flight.

- To know your SOP, OM PART A, O PART B is a must but also it is always good to know your OM PART C / D. Not every detail for sure but when you read it even one time, you may catch helpful details. For example, in my company, you should have a working EFB on your side if you are flying any kind of check flight, and when I learned this? After my first annual line check

- Don't reduct the flight down to landing only. You may have an excellent briefing, cruise, descent, approach but spoil the landing. If your instructor takes control, keep calm, and switch to PM duties. In the debriefing, listen carefully. If he/she thinks you can correct your landing with a piece of debriefing, he/she will not fail you. Yes failing a LIFUS flight is not the end of the world but still, it may create some stress.

I am not an experienced pilot, just a first officer who has been there and seeing lots of folks from the observer seat.