PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2022, 18:29
pabely

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ClearLand08
I'm not certain the planning permission for the 6-pack behind the run-up bay is still valid. In the application that is on the council website for the current plans it reads to me that these replace the previously approved 6-pack. It reads "To facilitate the development of the new General Aviation layout, the location of the new permitted stands [the 6-pack] was changed and attached drawing details our requirement for 46 no Code C commercial stands"
Yes but they are allowed 48 Class C Commercial stands and this current reconfiguration is for 46 by giving some back to the FBOs. It doesn't take much more in that direction, 11L, 14, 15 & 19 to be no longer be designated Commercial stands and then self approval for the N1-N6 has a case again. The area does present some issues in it's remoteness to the terminal so maybe just another FBO overflow, it will come. They have no problems using Delta taxiway currently whilst WIP on the new 100 stands. I noted a King Power Gulfstream parked up on it the other day, that normally goes to SEN when not being used from Luton for parking. Income is income even in parking.