PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China recruits former British military pilots
Old 23rd Oct 2022, 13:24
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
Being no stranger to foreign work for foreign firms and having been contracted to support/train foreign military pilots of some very dodgy governments.....and even having been offered an appointment to a foreign Air Force....I knew where my loyalties lay.....and my paycheck was not the highest priority.

Before passing judgement upon someone it would help to know with specificity what their duties are...what information they are passing along and to whom.

Earlier I made a post where I asked if any of the people in question had two employers....one public and perhaps one not public.

In one period of employment by my own government I participated in the Debrief of Travelers to Foreign Countries of interest to my. government.

So even if not a paid Gig for traveller....most happily cooperated when approached.

In the end....throwing out broad brushed condemnations of the folks without knowing for sure what their exact participation is might be very unfair.

Just suggesting thing might be a bit more complicated than some here seem to consider.

If there has been a patent violation of Terms and Conditions of Military Service by them....that is a separate and much easier matter to decide.

When calling someone a "Traitor" it helps to know what you are are talking about and are basing your opinion upon fact rather than an assumption.