PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair interviews and sim assessments - 2
Old 22nd Oct 2022, 12:36
ikindaloveplanes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,
I had my interview a couple of weeks ago in Dublin and wanted to share my experience and some impressions.
As preparation I used airlineassessmentprep.com and for the sim I would definitely recommend UPilot in Dublin. I did a prep session the day before my interview and it was so helpful. They send you a briefing package with pitch and power settings and profiles and tech + HR questions that you can prepare with. I was so happy doing my prep with these guys.
The atmosphere on the assessment day was very chilled and relaxed. After a short presentation about the company and training, a very experienced captain went through the sim part like profiles callouts etc. So feel free to ask anything that you are not sure about or where you just need clarification. During the HR interview the HR lady asked questions like "Tell me about yourself, why did you choose a career in aviation, what do you know about RYR fleet, operational wise benefits of the MAX, where do you see yourself in 5 years, why do you thing would you be a good captain, do you think SOPs are important, would you deviate from SOPs, how are you going to finance your Type Rating". They just want to chat and know more about you and your personality. Just be yourself and please be honest. The captain was a very cool and relaxed guy. He asked about some speeds of the aircraft I did my UPRT with (tbh I didn’t know and told him so, just be honest) and about the aircraft from flight training. He asked about the electrical system and brakes of the B737. So the situation was very chilled and I felt very comfortable and it was quite fun to have a nice conversation with them. In the SIM we had the POL4T in Liverpool. After doing the briefings (as someone mentioned here before, make sure that its just a short briefing containing all relevant information) we did a normal Takeoff and did some steep turns. Thereafter we had a Forward Cargo Fire. We did TDODAR and decided to return back to Liverpool. We did the ILS and landed.
A couple of days later I got the email that I passed the assessment.
Preparation is key. Learn the profiles, callouts and ask for help from your PM or try to help your PF when you are acting as PM.
Best luck!