PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2022, 06:09
43Inches

Received 419 Likes on 231 Posts
That’s the difference , you got to understand the limitations and know where the threats are .
And that's all I've been saying, in regards to overseas living.

I mean St Lukes is still a private hospital, so it would be interesting the cost if you actually had to stay there and I'm sure the treatment would be fantastic. Also the medivac heli would have been a private service as well at cost. Not sure how much insurance covers everything though.

That being said everything you are talking of there would be covered by insurance in Australia or free if using the public services. Telehealth appointments, nurse on call etc, all free. Ambulance is paid for, but you can avoid that if you have simple ambulance cover , or comprehensive health insurance, or are a pensioner.

To be fair the Phillipines is not squarely third world, it just has developing country aspects, if you have insurance and or money you can live quite well, as Chris is doing from the sound of it. Would I trade Aussie lifestyle for life there, no, not my cup of tea. Are you better off there, I would still argue no, as there are many problems that can still ruin your day that just don't exist in Australia, and I don't wish to deal with it in retirement. Fill your boots if you do.

My major issues for me personally would be water quality and repeated exposure to Malaria and Dengue if you are there for enough wet seasons. At least the treatments for those are getting better.

Last edited by 43Inches; 22nd Oct 2022 at 06:25.