PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China recruits former British military pilots
Old 22nd Oct 2022, 03:08
finestkind

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by BBadanov
Y

Here in Oz, the Shadow Defence Minister (Andrew Hastie, a veteran and former SAS Capt) has claimed that two RAAF fighter pilots were approached but allegedly rejected the offer. I hope, indeed am sure, this will remain the case. If any of my ex-RAF FJ colleagues were so naive to have been tempted by promises of beaucoup renmibi, they should reconsider their own morals, and the unjust authoritarian and aggressive regime they would serve - what are the outcomes being planned by the PLA, and what is the real Chinese endgame.
I understand your outrage, but you need to remember we are just numbers to politicians who are in the game for their own gain under the pretense of for the countries good. Yes, the call to the flag in defence of your country is without a doubt a noble cause. However, ask those involved in Vietnam and the ME just what they think about being there in defence of their country. A fair percentage have questioned the reason why.

From the Roman Empire, Ottoman, Napolean, to Hitler and colonisation, conquering the world each "established" country has tried to expand its influence for economic gain, either through invasion, investment or economic influence. Even the "young " US with its isolation stand prior to WW11 has become a modern version of colonisation. The new banner of in protection of our interest to liberating the downtrodden does not ring as clear as being under the flag of defending your country. Just what is an enemy? Conventional warfare is expensive. The money spent on warfare could easily buy most countries and if not own them through stocks/shares, companies, and real estate.

So, on that who is the enemy? Invading makes it easy to identify, investing not quite so. I am not disagreeing with you that China is a threat and a military one at that, but we have internal threats as well with a main one being those in power using our military personal to protect or expand their own interests. Asking what China's endgame is rhetorical. It is world domination. Whether through military might or economic power becomes a moot point. As stated, this has been reflected through history in invasion, colonisation or economic power (East Indian Trading Company being a prime example). History repeating itself?