PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China recruits former British military pilots
Old 22nd Oct 2022, 01:36
BBadanov

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by LateArmLive
May I humbly suggest that all those outraged posters take a few minutes to research treason, the OSA and whether or not China is indeed an "enemy" before you jump to your (mostly inaccurate) assumptions?
You may indeed 'humbly suggest' anything you like as this is a discussion on a rumour network and we all have views, but there are so many 'outraged posters' here because most have past military service, many have been in combat, and have an ethos of doing the right thing that we had signed up for. We pay reverence to fallen comrades, Remembrance Day, the Cenotaph, and here of course Anzac Day and the mighty Australian War Memorial. If you do not see China as an 'enemy', in Australia - a lot closer to the potential action - we do definitely see China as the dominant adversary. If this language is too strong for you, then national security has indeed been breeched by such irresponsible and selfish behaviour by any 'recruits'. These guys (doubtful whether girls would go, or even be considered) are not head-hunted for their skills in QFI-ing elementary straight-and-level flight training in bug-smashers, it is for their advanced skills in FJ (or helo) weaponeering, electronic warfare, tactics, combat experience, squadron procedures and Int.

Here in Oz, the Shadow Defence Minister (Andrew Hastie, a veteran and former SAS Capt) has claimed that two RAAF fighter pilots were approached but allegedly rejected the offer. I hope, indeed am sure, this will remain the case. If any of my ex-RAF FJ colleagues were so naive to have been tempted by promises of beaucoup renmibi, they should reconsider their own morals, and the unjust authoritarian and aggressive regime they would serve - what are the outcomes being planned by the PLA, and what is the real Chinese endgame.