PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 incident - Houma
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2022, 12:42
SASless

Received 516 Likes on 215 Posts
Reading the Report it appears to me that the affected control tube is not metallic....am I right in that?

If so...had it been of metallic construction would that Tube have been damaged as it was?

Also I feel I was asking the right question when early on I posed this question.....

Originally Posted by SASless View Post
One of the media reports said the Pilots could move the Collective Lever in full range of motion....from down stop to top stop...without any reaction from the Rotor System.

If that is true....then there must have been something that happened to sever the mechanical linkage for the Collective.....arcing from a chafed wired bundle.....fire?

The Control Tube was not severed but was compromised to the extent that the flight controls were damaged badly enough to greatly compromise their effectiveness.

Two very rare and apparently unrelated problems happening at the same time is more than mere coincidence.

The good news is now we have a full understanding of what caused the problems and the relevant questions may begin to be answered as to how to prevent a recurrence can begin.