PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Buying a laptop.... which one??
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2004, 02:37
Fogbound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil wahey, i'm up and running!

I am online and e-mailing from my new laptop! It's not the Dell. On further inspection of the offer for £600 by the time you add VAT and postage and their seemingly mandatory £176.00 warranty and service! you are up around the £1000.00 mark!! bit of a disappointment really!

Whilst looking for PC World on the search engine I came across a sponsored link for europc.co.uk A scottish based company. They had the exact same laptop as a £799 one at PCWorld that they had sold out of. It was one of the ones I was initially considering.

Windows XP
Intel Pentium M 1300-600 Centrino
224Mb DDR SDRAM pc266MHz30Gb IDE notebook hard drive
14.1 TFT screen
internal DVD CD-RW Combo drive
56K V90 modem

£621.58 delivered inc VAT

(It is a Packard Bell Easynote T5 135 though, I guess time will tell if those Packard Bell warnings further up will haunt me!

I ordered on the internet sunday evening and it was here when I got home today (wednesday). It is what they describe as refurbished and looks like it has never left the wrapper!

I will say that I was concerned that the big box seemed not to have much padding in it and it did seem to rattle a little? hmmmm. Also the lack of an instruction manual for it is slightly concerning?

In the course of typing this my spacebar has started to stick a little. I will admit this is more than somewhat worrying! hmmmmm. any advice? Is it me or a laptop thing!

Oh well!