PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What exactly is an altitude restriction (Jepp)?
Old 19th Oct 2022, 22:39
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not sure we understand each other. I opine the charted restriction before Dixir makes me observe it when routing direct from the north. Your example for an 'overlay direct' is completely bullseye.

​​​​​
Sorry for the perceived incoherence in the parts you quoted form me.

Trying again:

I recognize and agree to other people's claim that for DCT Dixir the STAR restriction of FL75(+) does not apply specifically. Yet still, it would be my choice to observe it regardless, for reasons I struggle to define by quoting the regulations, at least until a clarification from the ATC is obtained.

Are we not singing the same tune? I disagree (to the whole breadth of modern CRM) with anything lower than FL75 but acknowledge running out of legal ammo to prove the posters claiming otherwise to be wrong.

What I say is their explanation is valid but brings dysfunctional / undesirable result. Because in the given case there were blank spots in the clearance needing to be filled, and that is where I personally find anything other than FL75+ plain wrong.
​​​​​

Last edited by FlightDetent; 19th Oct 2022 at 23:00.